Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Shack.

I finished The Shack on Thurs. As much as it seemed everyone one else really enjoyed the book, I really didn't like it too much. I will be honest and admit I did start listening to it on audio tape (and wow was that a burden off my shoulders to listen to it while I worked) so that may have to do with my perception a bit. But it's a really good story for those who don't know God or have a true relationship with Him. It has some REALLY good lessons you can take from it. There were a few lines I took the time to mark. The down for me was how a majority of the book was conversation. Nothing was happening making it hard to get into. And most of the conversation seemed fake. But kudos to Young for writing such an impacting novel. I would suggest it to others who are in need of some personal God time, but don't go into this book for entertainment purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment